Attacks & Incidents

Page 1 of 3812345...102030...Last »

2014 Summary of the Shark Fishing Program in Réunion Island

2014 Summary of the Shark Fishing Program in Réunion Island

Helmut Nickel (mail), Shark Year Magazine, 27. February 2015 About 60 sharks killed in Réunion Island’s fishing program in 2014 Last September, we published a post about the protective shark fishing programs ‘Cap Requin’and ‘Valo Requins’ in Réunion Island. The related article can be found here: 29th Shark killed on Drumline in Reunion Island. The

11 ft Tiger shark said to be involved in latest fatal attack in La Reunion

11 ft Tiger shark said to be involved in latest fatal attack in La Reunion

Helmut Nickel (mail), Shark Year Magazine, 17. February 2015 Local sources have released the identity of the young woman killed in a shark attack in the French Indian Ocean island of Reunion last saturday ( 14. Feb 2015 ). Twenty-two years old Talon Bishop died from ‘multiple bites’, one of which severed the femoral artery.

Reunion Island: Woman dies in shark attack at l’Etang Salé

Reunion Island: Woman dies in shark attack at l’Etang Salé

Helmut Nickel (mail), Shark Year Magazine, 15. February 2015 On 14. February 2015 at around 6:40 pm, a young woman in her early 20’s was seriously injured in a shark attack in Reunion Island. The incident occurred while the victim was swimming with her friend close to shore at a beach in l’Etang Salé on

Great white shark involved in fatal attack on surfer at Ballina NSW

Great white shark involved in fatal attack on surfer at Ballina NSW

Latest Media Release NSW Police Force 11. February 2015 ———————– Great White Shark responsible for fatal attack – Ballina Police have been told a Great White Shark was responsible for the death of a surfer at Ballina this week. A 41-year-old man, Tadashi Nakahara, a Japanese national who had been living and working in Ballina,

Shark attack deaths down in 2014, UF says

Shark attack deaths down in 2014, UF says

News Release University of Florida 11. February 2015 ————————– Writer: Alisson Clark Source: George Burgess Three people died worldwide from shark attacks last year, far below the average of 6.3 deaths per year over the past decade, according to the International Shark Attack File report released by the University of Florida today. The U.S. had

Beaches remain closed after fatal shark attack at Shelly Beach NSW

Beaches remain closed after fatal shark attack at Shelly Beach NSW

Latest Media Release NSW Police Force 10. February 2015 ———————– Fatal shark attack update – Ballina Beaches remain closed between South Ballina and Lennox Head following a fatal shark attack in the area yesterday. Just before 10am on Monday 9 February 2015, a group of surfers assisted an injured man from the water at Shelly

AUS: Man killed in shark attack at Shelley Beach in NSW

AUS: Man killed in shark attack at Shelley Beach in NSW

Latest Media Release NSW Police Force 09. February 2015 ———————– Fatal shark attack – Ballina A man has died after he was pulled from a beach suffering fatal injuries believed to be from a shark attack on the state’s north coast this morning. Just before 10am (Monday 9 February 2015), a group of surfers assisted

Six Shark Attacks Reported from the US Pacific Coast in 2014

Six Shark Attacks Reported from the US Pacific Coast in 2014

News Release Shark Research Committee 22. January 2015 ————————– Pacific Coast Shark Attacks During 2014 There were 6 authenticated unprovoked shark attacks on humans reported from the Pacific Coast of North America during 2014. All of the attacks were recorded from California. The attacks were distributed in the following months; July (1), October (4) and

City of Busselton Plans to Install Second Shark Enclosure

City of Busselton Plans to Install Second Shark Enclosure

Media Release City of Busselton 14. January 2015 ————————- Plans for Second Beach Enclosure Progress Planning for the installation of a second beach enclosure in the City of Busselton is ongoing. The popular Busselton Foreshore has been identified as the site for this second enclosure which is being funded by the State Government as part

Sharks keep Newcastle beaches closed over the weekend

Sharks keep Newcastle beaches closed over the weekend

Media Release Newcastle City Council 16. January 2015 ———————— Alert – All Newcastle beaches to remain closed over the weekend All Newcastle beaches will remain closed this weekend, Saturday and Sunday 17 and 18 January, in the interest of community safety with continued sightings of two sharks in Newcastle waters today. We have also been

Page 1 of 3812345...102030...Last »